I first planned on making everything but the blouse (I had already spotted one I liked and blouses are a bore to make), but as I found the perfect corset in the same store as the blouse (and I knew I might risk getting pressed for time), I bought that as well, allowing me to spend my time on making the undergarments and the skirt.
The silhouette I wanted to go for was inspired by the late 1870’s and early 1880’s, meaning a less generous bustle, leaning a little towards the natural form style. But I would still need a bustle, so I made a so-called “Lobster Tail Bustle”. Again, the amazing American Duchess provided excellent guidance with her tutorial (which you can find here), even though I deviated a little from it, it was very helpful!
Here's the result:
To go over the bustle, I made a petticoat and attached a “bum bustle” to it on the inside for some extra bustle padding.
This is the "bum bustle" after I'd attached two out of four rows of frills:
Here's the petticoat before the bottom frills were attached:
And here's the several meters of frills pinned to the bottom of the petticoat: